Week 3

I’m satisfied with my progress this week. I managed to create 10 unique mugs. There is a great variety in size and shape displayed in the collection. I’m worried the teacup may have too thin a handle to withstand glaze firing, but we’ll see. I’m very satisfied with the largest mug. It has already received offers from those who drink far too much coffee. I’ve learned that I need to pay more attention to the size relationship between mug and handle. Also, I need to better gauge the area within the handle needed for fingers. I have very large hands and I’d do better to remember that the average person does not. Furthermore, I need to leave myself a thicker clay body at the bottom end of my handles. A few of them became very thin at the base connection. Otherwise, I think I’m looking at a promising batch of vessels made for hot beverages.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s