Week 9

I’m fairly satisfied with my progress this week. I’m glad this current project assignment has afforded me the wiggle room to make teapots. I’ve watched many video tutorials on creating the components needed to assemble a functional teapot. I’ve learned that galleries become more difficult to create as the height and width of the vessel becomes larger. Taller and wider means more fragile and less stable. So, I’ve managed a small, Japanese style, teapot. I need to throw 4 small and simple tea cups to complete the set, and I’m confident that it will be a successful build. The pot has all the aesthetics needed for a table piece. If I can produce at least 4 small cups to compliment the pot, I’ll be very satisfied with my first attempt.

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s